Dual Monitors IGP/AGP

When I install an AGP card does the IGA on the MB get turned off? I'm trying to get two monitors to work on my PC and can't figure it out. If I take the AGP card out the other monitor hooked up to the IGP will work. I can't seem to get both video adapters to show at the same time in the Display Settings. The AGP will show dual displays but it's just the monitor and composite video output of the AGP card.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

ASUS P4R800-VM (ATI RADEON 9100 IGP)
AGP=RADEON 9200SE

.....when your using the agp card check in the bios and if the onboard video its turn off turn it on.

the 9200SE should have dual outputs anyway. so you'll want to disable the IGP by default unless ou want to try for 3 screens.

Having said that IGP's are agp so my guess is that if you plug an agp card in the IGP is disbabled by nature of the fact you can only have one agp device at anyone time.

In the manual it says you can set the on board grapgics adapter to memory usage none, which should shut it off, so the primary card will be what you install.

unknown_user said:
.....when your using the agp card check in the bios and if the onboard video its turn off turn it on.

that was the first place I looked. I found the setting to turn off the onboard audio, but didn't see anything anywhere for video

Most of the boards will disable the IGA when you plug in an add on card I have an MSI that allowed for an extra TV from a bracket that you can add to the motherboard, but when you plug in an AGP card that should take over.

I guess I'll haveta buy an ISA video card to run along side the AGP. I want to hookup the plasma tv to the computer so I can switch from the LCD monitor to the plasma. I want it hooked up as a monitor and not through composite or svideo. I thought I could use the onboard adapter and the AGP but so far no luck there

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back