Dual Monitor with Dual Video Cards

G

GotBoost

I am trying to setup a dual monitor config. I have tried the following with no luck:

----"The first thing I would recommend is uninstalling all your video drivers, shut down and take out both cards from your motherboard. Re-install the PCI card, then boot up into your bios. It just depends on the motherboard, but there should be an option in your bios to boot into either AGP or PCI first. Try setting to PCI, then boot up, Windows XP will install the default driver which you can change afterwards. Then shut down and install the second card (AGP) and boot-up letting XP install drivers.

If this doesn’t work then try switching the bios to AGP first, then reboot. If this doesn’t work then start over taking out both cards and installing the AGP card first. It really is a matter of trial and error. "---

When I set the BIOS to display PCI slot first, the PC boots, but when it gets to the part where it would show the XP screen, the monitor stays blank, but the light stays green, like its receiving a video feed, but not displaying. When I display AGP first, the pc boots into XP just fine, but gives "This device cannot start (Code 10)" on the PCI card.

Anyone experience this?

Code 10
If the device has a "FailReasonString" value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator places this registry string value there. If there is no "FailReasonString" in the hardware key, the following generic error message is displayed:

This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.

Solution button: Update Driver

To resolve this error code, make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Follow the suggested solution button and update the device driver. It may be possible to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard.

Check your m/b manual too. Make sure the PCI card isn't in a 'shared' slot. Some boards will require a particular adjacent slot to be empty and will assign the resources to one or the other.

You can also unplug the AGP, disable it in your bios and make sure the PCI video card is working correctly. Of course, if it's a driver issue then you'll likely be greeted with the same blank screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back