Dual Monitor Help

A

amoebadrew

I just got my second monitor running. It works fine but i have some tweaking questions.

How do you get the taskbar on both monitors?

Why do some video apps or games work good only on the main monitor?

How can i get things to run fullscreen on the secondary monitor?

How can i get 2 apps to be selected? ex. a game and internet explorer.

Why can't i work with a fullscreen app and something on the other monitor?

well i guess i unloaded. I dunno if any of these questions are possible to answer or not.
thanks for any help.

What type of video card are you using ? Need a little more info..If your using the matrox g450 you need to download the current drivers for xp from matrox's web site....

in using a geforce2 mx 400 64mb agp and a geforce2 mx 400 64mb pci

Your probably not going to be able to get things running smoothly on both because you are not using a true dual monitor set up, you are using 2 videocards and have them split into different monitors, for a true dual monitor setup you need to use a matrox or ati card that has a dual monitor connection and is made to split and combine the feeds sorry man

I am running two monitors with XP, my main screen is a 19" E790 Viewsonic, running at 1024 x 768 resolution. The other screen is a 15" Viewsonic VE150 LCD running at 800 x 600

My main video card is an ASUS V7700 with 32Mg, the card running the LCD is a Savage4 also with 32Mg.

I have had no problems with this setup at all, I can drag and share programs between each screen again without problems. Great for working on webpages.

As for games, I have found that I cannot share the screens at all, though I have read that there are only a couple of games that allow this feature at the moment.

I have my screens set as 1 & 2 and the 19" is set as the Primary and the LCD as the extended monitor.

-----------------------------------------------------
It's only my insanity that keeps me sane??

Mine works fine its just i was wondering if it possible to make it better. I think dual video cards work better because they have twice the power. Games on mine don't work that great on both monitors, only the main one. Its something to do with someone being accelerated on only one device.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back