dual layer dvds

trainmaster77

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
i have some movies that are 2:11 and better .. can i write them on dual layer dvd-r's and a dvd player play them. Id be using NERO NTSF or PAL. I just dont know the answer to this question or what I need to do it. I'm fine if its less than 2 hour movie.

Free utility called dvd shrink. It will recompress the video to any ratio you want. recompress it down to under 2 hours. Note you will get some loss of detail but for that small a compression change not much.

you will need soemthing to put them in the right format first. That tool choice depends on their present format. What is it?

why would he want to compress a dvd, when he said he would be putting it on a dl dvd? just use dvdshrink to copy them to dl dvds

themafia.69 said:
why would he want to compress a dvd, when he said he would be putting it on a dl dvd? just use dvdshrink to copy them to dl dvds

yeah but the length is the problem not the size (sounds like my g/f).

standard dvd-r is 2 hours and this particular movie (constantine) is 2:11.59. any program i can use to split it in half ?

why would it be a problem? as long as it fits on the dvd, theres no problem

If he's using DL dvd's he should be able to get two hours on it easily. Size and time are directly related by the compression algorithm used to encode the video. If he recompressses with lower compression ratio it fits regardless of time.

Yes, there are utilities for splitting, combining, shrinking, removing subtitles, just about anything you want to do. Some are free some are ~$29.

I repeat it can be shrunk to fit in a 2 hour dvd play time. (Or if you prefer split.)

But since Constantine is not out in DVD yet you are asking for help with a crack...
Bye.

Moderators time for a vanishing thread.

hes not asking for help with a crack, hes asking for video help, he never asked how to download a movie, so it doesnt matter what movie it is he could have kept the name to himself. but yeah thats what i meant, it doesnt matter as long as the file size is all good, so compression is what has to be changed if thats a problem

LeeJend said:
If he's using DL dvd's he should be able to get two hours on it easily. Size and time are directly related by the compression algorithm used to encode the video. If he recompressses with lower compression ratio it fits regardless of time.

Yes, there are utilities for splitting, combining, shrinking, removing subtitles, just about anything you want to do. Some are free some are ~$29.

I repeat it can be shrunk to fit in a 2 hour dvd play time. (Or if you prefer split.)

But since Constantine is not out in DVD yet you are asking for help with a crack...
Bye.

Moderators time for a vanishing thread.

i love people like this. whistle blowers are gay. I am totally sure you have never exceeded the speed limit or smoked pot or even drank alchoholic beverages while you were underage. I bet you wear your wifes clothes when she is off working and go to drag bars.
Dont be talking **** to me. You dont know me and i dont know you.

uhm.. a standard single layer dvd will hold 2 hours of video, why does a video need to be shrunk to fit ona dual layer disc with twice the capacity???

I think I need to get DL to solve my problem. lol :p
but nah... I'll wait for Bluray... :D

I've baught a Sony DRU720A DVD\RW\DL and I read something about a flaw in WInXP that wont let you copy DVD\DL disks and you need the newest version of Nero's Incd v4.3.11.1 and you have to burn them in Nero.

In the town I live in they dont sell DVD\DL disks yet to try it.

But I do belive I read this at the Inquirer, I will look and see if I can provide a link.

just cuz it can fit 2 hours doesnt mean u cant fit more if u lower the quality

I don't understand all the BS about DL DVD's. I'm looking at a bunch of my blank Ridata 8.5gb DL and their rated for 240 minutes. DVD Decrypter in iso mode will copy and burn a 4 hour movie!

themafia.69 said:
just cuz it can fit 2 hours doesnt mean u cant fit more if u lower the quality

thats what i was looking for. :) thank you

I dont understand
you have a 2 hour movie which you want to put on a dual layer dvd which will hold 4 hours of video right?

OR are you wanting to take a film from a dual layer pressed disc and fit it on a standard single layer dvd-r ??

If the former just do a disc copy, if the later get something like dvd-shrink as stated.

Either way please clarify :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back