Dual Head Graphics Card

kreation

OSNN Junior Addict
I would like to run 2 monitors from Win XP Pro, I need a Dual Head Graphics Card, anyone know of a good cheap one?

Thanks

any of the older ati or nvidia or matrox cards will do the trick for you... matrox especially has superior IQ to the other 2... but for overall ease of use and performance... I would say get a radeon 8500 or a gf3 or gf4ti series card and above (for both) because of faster ramdacs able to support higher res on each display..

btw I use a 9700pro with 2 19inch flat crt's and the individual displays are stunning :) because of my dual 400mhz ramdacs... certainly noticeably crisper @ high res than my old radeon 8500... though for anything up to 1024x768 the difference is negligible :)

the 8500's/9100's from ati and the gf4ti series from nvidia have 350mhz ramdacs...

if not doing heavy 3d stuff and just 2d then matrox cards can be had at a good price. have g450's in mine and they come in AGP and PCI so you could have dual, quad, or more.... the 16m can be had really cheap and the 32 meg ive got a bunch of so far all under $60.....
even have a g100 mms (quad) in one i just got a g200 mms to upgrade and it was $52 ($600 card) so they can be had. ebay is a good place to look.

again though the new parhelia is good for 3d but others are best in the 2d world. photoshop, Macromedia, surfing, office when you want alot of area to spread things out they are priceless.....all i use and love it having 4 screens on one is super but cant work with less than 2 now.... :blink:

gforce 4 mx 440 has a dual head video card, it is very usful and i am using it right now, and it was cheap in canadian dollars to it will probbaly be cheap anywhere else

Originally posted by spikemic

again though the new parhelia is good for 3d but others are best in the 2d world. photoshop, Macromedia, surfing, office when you want alot of area to spread things out they are priceless.....all i use and love it having 4 screens on one is super but cant work with less than 2 now.... :blink:

I disagree about your comments on IQ...

IMO the matrox cards have some of the best IQ in the graphics industry... 2d or 3d... superior to both ATi and nvidia cards...

I have never used wildcats cards so I would not have any idea about the IQ on those products...

the parhelia supports 3 monitors @ one shot.. :) which is very nice... but the card is a little on the expensive side... specially for the performance...

still it is one of only 2 commercial gfx cards with a 256bit memory bus... :) nice tech on that card...

I'm shocked

Sazar, I'm shocked at you. The ATI fanatic saying something is better?

I agree with you that Matrox has excellent 2-D, however, it gets its ass kicked in 3-D. Also, its lead in 2-D performance is dwindleing. IMHO, it is no longer worth the price.

He's an advocate but not a fanboy. He won't say ATi is better when its not.

Matrox are the masters of video. Shame they can't make their technology as efficient as nVidia and ATi. Maybe its the lack of demand, or its the fact they aren't caterng for gamers.

Matrox are awesome for VIVO solutions. They're not for games. Parhalia is for the coding geek who needs 3 screens of code and graphics designer who doesn't want a screen of clutter when it can be divided into three.

Re: I'm shocked

Originally posted by ignipotentis
Sazar, I'm shocked at you. The ATI fanatic saying something is better?

I agree with you that Matrox has excellent 2-D, however, it gets its ass kicked in 3-D. Also, its lead in 2-D performance is dwindleing. IMHO, it is no longer worth the price.

I resent the fact that because I say some product happens to be better in terms of tech and actual visuals.. without buying into false advertising... that I am a fanboy...

if I find one solution better than another IMO its usually because I have worked with that product or done some reading on the architecture...

Many thanks for all your suggestions, I'll look into all the Cards.

Kreation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back