Dual Display with ATI card question

breezie

OSNN Addict
is there any way to get the desktop to use a wallpaper and start bar that spans through both monitors on a dual display desktop with ATI catalyst drivers? ^_^

ati's multimonitor software is called hydravision... use that for most of your needs but I recommend an app like ultramon (please google :D am in class... can't do it right now) that will allow you to span the taskbar and gives you better overall control over both monitors and what is displayed...

I could never find the hydravision options for different wallpapers on different screens so I got ultramon on sazar's recommendation, pretty damned good if you ask me - you have to register it if you like it enoug to keep it though.

EDIT: its at www.realtimesoft.com

look for a prog caled ultramon http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

this program is awesome. this s directly from the site.

UltraMon is a utility for multi-monitor systems, designed to increase productivity and unlock the full potential of multiple monitors.
efficiently move windows and maximize windows across the desktop
manage more applications with the Smart Taskbar
control application positioning with UltraMon Shortcuts
multi-monitor support for desktop wallpapers and screen savers
mirror your main monitor to secondary monitors for a presentation]

i think it has a free tour. i personaly think its worth the money but i use dual alot.

hehe yea i been starting to use ultramon- nice program ^_^ thx everyone

... I use basic, unmodified Catalyst 4.1 drivers (doesnt matter what version you use) and a Radeon 9600xt... its pretty simple to use two different wallpapers(or one large one), all you have to do is make an HTML file with the two images beside one another(or just the single large one), and set that as the background - with that, ultramon and hydravision can do almost the same stuff

[edit] as for the start bar that spans both monitors, I just made a fake bar as part of the background image, look here, so it doesnt take too much[/edit]

hm the extar task bar is very usful... btw man i love your wallpaper where can i find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back