• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dual booting removal

M

miketrax

I have a 20gig and 40gig hard drives. The 20gig has W98(SE) . I want to put XP on the second 40g new drive and run video editing software on that drive. The firewire drivers clash with my other capture devices when I put it on my 20gig drive. If I want to return the whole system to W98 is it possible to remove the dual XP boot etc with out a complete reinstallation of W98.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Not too sure. However, if you backup your windows and program files directory from your first win98 installation, then remove winxp by formatting or whatever, you can then swich the windows and program files directories in dos using a boot disk, this will mean io.sys and its mates, will be in place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar