Dual Boot

G

Gazza

I have two hard drives and want to run WinXp on one and Win2000 on the other .. never done this before (newbie !)
Which is the best boot manager to use and what problems will I have if I already have WinXP installed on the main C: already.

Both hard drives are maxtor ... 40gig C: 7200 --- 60gig d: 7200

Just install one after the other.
Win2k and XP has built in boot managers.
Should be no problems at all since you install them on different drives.

Why would this be a problem? Win2k supports multi-boot.

(I assume "PB" means problem... :))

http://www.acronis.com/products/oss50/

check out the above link, I installed win98 on my second hdd drive, and use this with no problems, gives you a choice at boot as to what O/S you want to start, or you can set one as default, to always boot then press Esc, to bring up boot menu.

Amazing ... Installed Win2000 on D: and WinXP on C: and all runs smoothly so far.
Wanted to use WinXP for Internet usage and Win2000 for working environment .. I find Win2000 doesn't seem to soak up the ram as much as WinXP when I'm using Dreamweaver and Photoshop and a couple of other things at the same time.
WinXP is a new OS for me and I wanted to give it a good test for a couple of weeks to see if it runs as well as Win2000 which I have been using for over a year.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back