Dual Boot

G

Gazza

I have two hard drives and want to run WinXp on one and Win2000 on the other .. never done this before (newbie !)
Which is the best boot manager to use and what problems will I have if I already have WinXP installed on the main C: already.

Both hard drives are maxtor ... 40gig C: 7200 --- 60gig d: 7200

Just install one after the other.
Win2k and XP has built in boot managers.
Should be no problems at all since you install them on different drives.

W

westy1

http://www.acronis.com/products/oss50/

check out the above link, I installed win98 on my second hdd drive, and use this with no problems, gives you a choice at boot as to what O/S you want to start, or you can set one as default, to always boot then press Esc, to bring up boot menu.

G

Gazza

Amazing ... Installed Win2000 on D: and WinXP on C: and all runs smoothly so far.
Wanted to use WinXP for Internet usage and Win2000 for working environment .. I find Win2000 doesn't seem to soak up the ram as much as WinXP when I'm using Dreamweaver and Photoshop and a couple of other things at the same time.
WinXP is a new OS for me and I wanted to give it a good test for a couple of weeks to see if it runs as well as Win2000 which I have been using for over a year.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut