Dual boot XP & XP ?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Ok, asking this for a friend because basically I don't know :D

Is there any way to dual boot 2 copies of XP on the same machine/drive?

yep, just do a new install on to a diffrent partion, an when u boot it will bring up the boot box to ask u what one you want to run

The only problem you'll run into after the install of the second copy is when the boot screen comes up...
You won't know which is which because you'll see something like the following when it allows you to choose between the dual boot OSes:

1. Microsoft Windows XP
2. Microsoft Windows XP

He will be using the machine as an audio production machine, and wants to keep a seperate config (and system folder etc) for general use such as web/irc/mail etc.

You mean this guy?
Jeff Bone is the founder and chief technology officer of Austin, TX-based Deepfile Corporation where he ponders the mysteries of filesystem management. Previously he was the founder and CTO of Activerse (early pioneer of buddy lists and instant messaging) and of Active Paper (developer of one of the first mobile / PDA-based e-mail clients and Web browsers.) In previous iterations he has delivered pizza, been a nightclub promoter, and done time at Sun and Dell. When not compulsively starting companies, obsessing about software architecture or making trouble on various mailing lists he likes to cook, invent perpetual motion machines, and watch trash TV with his sweetheart of 6 years, Jennifer.

That was google to the rescue. Nope, don't have a clue who he is :D

Nope, Oli G, the owner of camel records in the UK. (camelrecords.co.uk)

and seperate user accounts wont do due to him needing completely differently optimised system profiles and so on.. :)

Yep do full installs on two seperate partitions and it should work. Make sure to edit the descritpions in boot.ini to differentiate between the two profiles.

JJB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back