Dual Boot XP & Win98SE

Goatman

Ska Daddy
Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to do this?

I have WinXP Pro

You can either use a boot loader like system commander and such, or you can just make 2 partitions

Install win 98 onto the one, then install XP onto the other, and the XP bootloader should detect 98 and add it to your bootlist at startup :)

if one was to install 98 second, then boot using the xp cd and select repair, would that also work?

Goatman, good rule of thumb to follow in multi-booting -- *oldest OS first (avoids a lot of extra work/problems that way). Put 98 on your c:\ partition, and run XP setup while in 98 and install it to another partition.

* you can put 95 OR 98 on your primary partition, 2k next partition, ME next, and finally XP -- all will work from the same drive using that simple precept - oldest first.

my point exactly lonman:) nt loader works great why screw with it...just arrow up or down to the os and enter easy as that...now why complicate things

I have been running my current set up for a while and don't wanna loose my HD, how do I add it after the fact, I can't get the Windows 98 setup to run

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back