Dual boot with XP and Mac

rene1us

OSNN One Post Wonder
Can anyone help me I’m trying to do a dual boot between XP and Mac Osx?
I have 2 -300 gig drives installed one is currently running XP.

The second drive I have formatted as FAT32 with a 10 gig shared partition also formatted as FAT32.

My DVD drive does not recognize the Mac install DVD.

I have an Intel processor:
CPU Type Dual Core Intel Pentium D 940, 3277 MHz (16 x 205)
Instruction Set x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Hi rene1us. Since installing OS X on non-Apple hardware violates the license agreement, we do not provide any support for it on this forum.

You might want to visit the InsanelyMac community for help on this topic.
Thanks. :)

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
There's no way to run OS X and XP on the same computer? Who's license does it violate, Apple or MS?

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
There's no way to run OS X and XP on the same computer? Who's license does it violate, Apple or MS?
As I said, it's definitely possible (see the link above), but it violates Apple's EULA.

Microsoft's EULA allows you to legally run Windows on any hardware, including Apple machines. Apple's EULA allows you to legally run Mac OS X only on Apple hardware. So basically, the only legal way to run both OS X and Windows on the same machine at this point is to use a Mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniuel