Dual boot vista with xp? Problems?

NetRyder said:
Yes, you delete the Vista partition, boot from your XP CD into the recovery console and run fixboot. That restores the XP bootloader, so you won't get the OS selection menu anymore at startup, and it'll boot right into XP like it normally does in a single-boot setup.

I've done this about 15-20 times after dual booting XP and Vista betas. Making a TrueImage or Ghost disk image like NR says also can give you reliability in recovery if you encounter some problem.

i dont know how to makie an image...my hard drive is huge like 160 gb and im using like 68 GB..wouldnt that take a bunch of dvd's? Im a bit confused...

These days you make an image to another HD. DVD's are too small. When I upgrade I keep my old HD to store an image on. That only works until your new drive fills up beyond the old drives capacity.

so tnen what do ido? I dont want to have to "redo" my whole pc..its a pain..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back