Dual boot stories

C

chrst1

Dual boot

Anyone else got any dual boot stories?
I am running a presario 700mgh chip 64mb ram with xp pro and millenium and having no problems at all.Me [Fat] and xp[ntfs] work flawlessly together despite the fact that I have read all the bs about how you have to have "at least 256 mb ram" to run xp.

Any questions?

You can run XP on a 300MHz with 64mb (probably even less) you do need 256 to run it with all the effects/themes/and so on comfortably though.

well, i gots win xp pro right now, and i partitioned one of my drives so now im playing around with win longhorn. i will let you know how it turns out. =]

I've been dual-booting XP Pro and Slackware Linux for a long time now. Both have been running very smoothly, and it's nice to be able to access my NTFS data partition through Linux, although it's only read-only access at the moment.

I also did some messing around with Longhorn 4018 not too long ago but screwed up my boot file somehow and had to reinstall XP because I couldn't boot XP back up. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Can't even remember how I did it other than it was complex. Had to edit msdos.sys, autoexec.bat, msdos.sys use the Win ME DOS patch and hope like crazy that thins would turn out OK...what a challenge :) (Win ME really complicated matters).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back