• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dual boot problems

K

Keyword

I just added Windows 2000 pro to my second (D) drive, but when the system boots up to the OS selection screen and I pick 2000, the blasted thing reboots. Time out default is XP, which loads without any problems. The only way I can access 2000 is to disable (C) drive in the BIOS. Here is my Boot.ini configuration:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home"\fastdetect
C:\="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional"

Thanks,
Key

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home"\fastdetect
multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional"\fastdetect
Try that if Win2k is on a second physical drive and installed in folder D:\WINDOWS

The spacing and line breaks in my code up there is screwed for some odd reason, so you just need to fix that.

K

Keyword

Sorry NetRyder, but it did not work. I checked the msconfig boot.ini "check all boot paths" button and it wanted to remove the Windows 2000 path. Maybe I need to do a repair of XP?

Thanks,
Key

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi