dual boot how again?

Bootsy

Huh?
I've been smoking too much crack again and forgot how to do this. I have 2 hard drives in my system. A 40 gig NTFS (xp on this one) and a 20 gig for storage. I want to make a dual boot with win 98 because of the damn infinite loop thing with xp I cant play warcraft 3. Please advise thnx

It's easier to install Windows 98 on the first HD (make the HD you want to install Windows 98 on the first drive), and then install XP on the second drive.

If you don't want to loose your WinXP stuff, you could try installing Windows 98 on the second HD and then do the following:

START-->RUN-->CMD

cd c:\

edit boot.ini

Add the line:

multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows 98"

Have you tried the compatability tab with WarCraft 3 to see if it'll run that way???

well the thing is that I dont want to lose my stuff on the first (NTFS) drive. I tried to install win98 on the second drive but I don't remember how...

Here's a goofy additional question, sans le crack:

I've just installed XP Pro freshly; is there any operating system that i can install in addition for a dual boot scenario? is it too late to install a different OS? Thanks.

1) Install Windows 98
2) Boot Off XP CD
3) Start Recovery Console (have your XP install's Administartor pass ready)
4) Run the command "fixmbr"

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back