Dual boot and network problems

H

hugo

I got 2 computers in my network, Computer A running a dual boot system , Win2k and XP. Computer B only Win98SE.

The problem is that computer B is only found when I run XP, not under Win2k.(and yes both belong to the same workgroup)

When I installed the system under XP I used a configuration diskett made under XP.

Anyone who can help me to find computer B under win2k?

Do you have all the necessary clients and protocols installed in 2k? Is file and printer sharing enabled? Have you shared anything in 2k? What's your NIC configuration? Are you using 2 NIC's in one machine and 1 in the other?

Thanks so far,

Computer A & B does not connect. I pinged win2k machine and got a time out respense. I use only 1 NIC in each machine. SMC1255TX 10/100 card. I get the message "Cable unplugged "when I turn off win98se, so the physical connection should be ok, it also works under XP

I got the following protocols and services under win2k

1.Client for Microsoft Networks (windows locator)
2.File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
3 Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) (get ip from server)

basically the same under win89se also, but I tried several configurations related to workgroup connection. I also have shared items both under win2k and win98se...

Any suggestion for further explorations.??

try turning of the get ip from server and type in any ip adress. this can be a major problem. For networking you should go to the netwroking section of his forum since more people will be able to see it and help you with your problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back