Dual Bios

dave holbon

OSNN Veteran Addict
Does anyone know of any reason to purchase a mb with a dual bios, appart from the abvious virus or flashing problems?

Yeah, you can test Beta releases and hack BIOS to your hearts content without problem of not being able to post. I use Bios Savior by IOSS and ModBin. Tweaking starts in the Bios!:)

If you can find a board for the general user market that can support duel BIOS I congradulate you. I've never run across one, and as a programer I would go insane if I had to write code for one.

Just about all Gigabyte boards have dual bioses. They hold the patent on the technology. No huge programming effort is required as the bios is an exact copy of the original which, is programmed to copy the original if the board won't boot, about 25 extra line of code or less!!

First I heard of their boards. (I need to get out more) Do you have a link to their webpage? I still think that I would go insane writing BIOS code though :)

my old motherboard is a GigaByte 7ZX and it has Dual Bios.

its an excellent feature. i corrupted my main bios once and the backup bios kicked in and all was fine :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back