DTS priority over AC3?

Android412

OSNN Addict
So I downloaded a movie recently in .mkv format, that had 2 audio tracks. The movie soundtrack in DTS 5.1, and a commentary track in AC3 2.0

When I try to play it in MPC (cccp is installed) the movie plays fine, but with the commentary track. I right clicked>audio>there's only the track listed and its the commentary track. I know both tracks are there, 2 FFD audio icons show up next to the clock in windows, 1 says DTS, the other AC3.

Tried WMP, no luck

Went into CCCP settings, turned off AC3 decoding, and everything works fine now.

Realistically I'll probably never run into this problem again so it really doesn't matter, but is there a way to have DTS have priority over AC3 by default?

Android412

P.S. If it matters I'm on Windows 7, using onboard sound

In MCP, right click, Navigate, Audio Language, there should be the options to change it there. If not, not sure then.

This is simple to correct but i think this would fall under warez and i don't think that's allowed on the forum, unless you can show you got it legally

In MCP, right click, Navigate, Audio Language, there should be the options to change it there. If not, not sure then.

Its grayed out so I cant select that

This is simple to correct but i think this would fall under warez and i don't think that's allowed on the forum, unless you can show you got it legally

I'm asking how to configure my media player/audio codecs, I don't think that can be considered illegal in any way.

So I downloaded a movie recently in .mkv format, that had 2 audio tracks. The movie soundtrack in DTS 5.1, and a commentary track in AC3 2.0

You are asking to configure codecs in order to play a file which you have gotten through questionable means, now if you had said it was a film you backed up from media you owned ;)

You are asking to configure codecs in order to play a file which you have gotten through questionable means, now if you had said it was a film you backed up from media you owned ;)

First I didn't provide a dl link to said movie. Second I've already said that I've figured out how to play it properly, just in a none convenient way. Third I never said that I broke any copyright laws in the process, so I'm not asking for help to do anything illegal.

As I said in my last post, I'm only asking how to configure my media player/audio codecs.

I don't think that can be considered illegal in any way.

First I didn't provide a dl link to said movie. Second I've already said that I've figured out how to play it properly, just in a none convenient way. Third I never said that I broke any copyright laws in the process, so I'm not asking for help to do anything illegal.

As I said in my last post, I'm only asking how to configure my media player/audio codecs.

I don't think that can be considered illegal in any way.

You stated that you downloaded it. That is the questionable means. We are not a warez board and we will not help with this kind of thing .. End of discussion ...

I'm asking how to configure my media player/audio codecs, I don't think that can be considered illegal in any way.

Your asking for help on how you can properly use an (I think) illegally obtained movie.

I say delete the whole thread if possible.

Yea would of been fine if you did not mention where it came from. I believe.

Either you were just trying to make a joke, or you missed that he was quoting my comment, as in calling the other guy a noob.

The thread is fine. Discuss only the issue of playing the correct auido track and do not fixate on whether the content the OP is using is legal or not. As long as no links to said illegal content arise there is no issue.

I would suggest that in future threads like this you ignore the source of content and advise on the technical issue at hand.

You can help him then, Lord. I will not ..

For what I thought would be a relatively simple question/answer, this has attracted WAY more attention then I think it deserves.

Especially from the "I'm better then you" crowd who are too good to answer it, despite the fact that I guarantee every one of them have themselves downloaded a movie, t.v. show, or at very least an MP3 or two, which are all the exact same thing no matter you look at it.

Simply by how I worded the question all of a sudden I become the bad guy. Very hypocritical to say the least.

As I stated in my first post, I don't even care that much about finding an answer to this mild inconvenience, and I definitely don't care enough to bother arguing with people over it.

Lord can you (or another mod) lock/delete this useless thread.

Last edited:
Well I recently bumped into a similar situation. FFDshow for whatever reason wasn't decoding the dolby true-hd track. I just used tsmuxer to remove the commentary track and downconvert the true-hds (without commentary) to AC3.

You can get tsmuxer at doom9

Well I recently bumped into a similar situation. FFDshow for whatever reason wasn't decoding the dolby true-hd track. I just used tsmuxer to remove the commentary track and downconvert the true-hds (without commentary) to AC3.

You can get tsmuxer at doom9

Thanks, worked perfectly

I used that program a year or two ago for a similar problem...but couldn't remember the name of it.

Thanks again

Last edited:
At this late stage, I don't know why I'm bothering except the principle of the matter.

Just from someone saying they downloaded a movie, while I'm not naive, it is wrong to just assume that they are talking about downloading an ILLEGAL movie, and further to refuse to help someone with a technical issue based solely on this statement.There are plenty of LEGALLY available movies to download. Perhaps not your "normal" movies, but home-made, fan-made, you name it. A good example is Star Trek: The Lost Episode, a very funny fan-made, "okayed" by Paramount as long as no money is made from it. It was made in 1988 and since remastered.

You can download it any several different formats, although for some reason I notice that a DVD ISO image no longer seems to be actually available, except to PURCHASE :eek:, which is weird that they would want to open that can of worms even though they wouldn't be making much money at all on it based on how much it would cost to make and ship a DVD copy, but this is besides the point.

Of course, since then Android412 actually said more incriminating things but I'm not going to address that, just the original statement.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back