dsl vs cable

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
there is a good deal in my area that may persuade me to switch from comcast to verizon but i want to know if it's worth it.

verizon dsl Up to 3 Mbps/768 Kbps w/ phone $70mnth
comcast With speeds up to a blazing 6 Megs w/phone $100mnth

the price is much cheaper with verizon but i care about reliability and service as well as speed. i do use bittorrent a lot so i want to ensure that will work the same and i am behind a router. any advice?

thanks and sorry is this is an old topic. i did a search but didn't find the exact info i was looking for.

bold removed

Last edited by a moderator:

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
stay with comcast, dsl can and does go out a lot, especially in the early hours of the morning...

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
every type, company, services have there problems. I have always gone with cable companies, because there usually cheaper.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
First off, your prices are abnormally high for your area. I have seen both for near half the price.

That being said, try the DSL out if you want. Most ISPs will give you a 30 day trial or something, where you can cancel with little or no penalty.

Also, if you go to Comcast saying you want to cancel, sometimes they will give you a 3, 6 or 9 month promotional rate.

Play hardball, you may get good results :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut