DSL not working after XP Pro Upgrade

S

syzlakus

I just upgraded to MS XP Pro from XP Home and now the connection wizard will not allow me to set up a new internet connection.

1. First I go to "New Connection Wizard" and select "Connect to the Internet"

2. I select "Set-up mu connection manually"

3. Now when I go to the next screen, the option I need to select: "Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and passwword" is grayed out and unselectable.

...DSL Connection was fine before XP Pro upgrade.

* Yes I have admin privilages, and re-installed XP Pro, and deleted net connections and tried again. Also downloaded current DSL drivers. Nothing works.

HP, Microsoft and Bellsouth say it's a config problem which does not help me!

Anyone know what may be wrong????????????????????

Hm.... DSL requires (if I am not mistaking) login... and thats why you want to use the login fields to connect...

Follow this, let me know what you get...

Network Connection Wizard > Connect to the Internet > Set up manual connection > Connection using.... requires username/password (PPPoE) > you can take it from there...

Well, sorry if this isn't what you are looking for.

Those are the correct steps, except option 2, "broadband connection with user name and password" is "grayed out", and unselectable?

I can only select on option 3, broadband connection?

When I upgraded to Pro, it somehow re-configured my pc.

hey i had this problem before.....you have to add a connection to the internet options part. I dont remember what but im sure your ISP knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back