dsl cuts out

dubstar

format c:
im not sure how it does it, but it does. once in a while if i goto "network connections" and use the "repair" option, it will resolve my issue. but other times, it says it cant and to contact the network administrator or isp..

how do i stop my DSL for timing out or not "renewing my ip"?

what does your tcp/ip properties window look like?

and do you have a router or a direct connection to your modem?

obtain an IP address automatically
obtain DNS server address automatically

direct connection to my modem

A friend of mine had just the same problem recently, it turned out to be his router which he had to replace.

Originally posted by dubstar
should i repost this in Networking?

No, but you can ask a mod to move it for you.

As far as not renewing your IP is concerned, it's not something you really have a choice about. In most cases, the lease on your IP expires and renews every 24 hours. Is this what you think is causing the problem?

This is typical for DSL. I had MSN DSL and I was constantly having to reboot their idiotic DSL 1000 modem. Just unplug and replug your power cord on the back of your modem.

Dubstar, which modem are you using? Is it connected via ethernet or usb?

I don't know about yours, but my dsl modem (connected to pc via my nic) uses 10.0.0.138 as his internal address.

That means two things for me:

*when I set my nic to 10.0.0.1 it's significally faster while connecting
*when I surf to 10.0.0.138 I can view the modem's settings. I can even make him dial out by itself, like a dsl router does.

I would suggest searching google with the name & type of your modem, maybe it's a known issue.

Greetz

Lukas

verizon using ethernet.. but it has a connection for usb also.

im using their Westell Wirespeed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back