Driving me insane.

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
This has been bugging me for years now, and I really can't take it anymore, I am on the verge on wiping HD and ditching windows and its wonders all together, and fully switching to Linux, which will be a pain in the ass for me. Please help. Ok. Here's my problem. Text constantly overwrites itself in word, whatever. I don't know how it begins. Say I type

Why is this doing this?

and after why I decide to put windows ( yea I know, garmmer, grammer ) and what happens is that when I put the cursor in front of why, and being to type windows, it will type over the ' is " or say right here in this message box, I decide to put really, in my first pragraph, before "this" and that really will cause everything to move down and the " really " will over write the " this " AHHH! what is this demonic glitch? How may one eliminate it! Its seriously driving me nuts! I have a 20 page report to edit, and imagine what is going on.... :(

It's happened to me with all versions of Windows, and not just in MS word. In yahoo, here, whereever there are text boxes..

well thats odd. If it was only in word I would say u got overtype turned on but if does it on web sites and stuff where overtype should be on is odd. As to how to fix I've got no idea as I never had that problem

try clicking the "Insert" button then try again... that should take off that problem ;)

Insert? As in copy, " paste " ? That doesn't work scsa. Thanks for the suggestion though. This has been plaguing me forever, on different machines, different software, different really everything. I type pretty fast, but I know people that really fly across keyboards, and this stuff never happens. Real strange. Maybe I'm cursed :p

all keyboards has an insert button and what that button does (if you click on it to turn it on) is over write whatever your typeing with the new text...

i would double check with scsa20 answer that sounds like the problem

No overtype. Pardon me language, but, oh shyte. The insert button. I never even ever looked at that. Plus the backspace button is tiny ( they used to make them big, as well as the enter button ) I think thats why. II really think thats why. Oh. Ok now this is 100% unrealized stupidity. Thank you so much everyone. Feel free to laugh at me ( I'm laughing myself )

Ps. I feel dumb.

3 years people...wait wait...98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2002...um thats 5...

Insert Key!!

The insert key is usually in the set of keys above the cursor 9arrow) keys. If your system starts 'overtyping', press this key to turn it off. This also works on webpages etc.

GraLk. ;)

Ummmm OK

belvanim.gif

Yep. Or you can doubleclick 'OVR' in the bottom bar of Word until it is faded out (grey) and that turns overtype off too.

lol, most stander keyboards has big backspace (well...not that big, it like takes up 2 keys part) and the enter key too (same as the backspace) or you can find bigger or smaller :)

and the insert key is the main key that lets you over type so if you didn't knew that, now you do :D

and Timeo27, thanks for the tip ;)

well at least u figured out ur problem.....funny how it turned out to be something so simiple....lol

Also, you could have speech recognition on. Check to see if you have that and turn off your microphone if you have one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back