DriverLINX Port I/O error?

P

picachuX

Anyone know how i can fix the error below,Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 4/30/2002
Time: 5:01:39 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WINDOWSXP
Description:
The DriverLINX Port I/O Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coincidence

Hey, I was just asking about this yesterday. The suggestions didn't really help, but I looked on google. Search for DriverLINX on google. I found a file and that is what you need. The link is here:

http://www.geocities.com/dinceraydin/python/indexeng.html

To solve the problem, go to regedit, search for DriverLINX, it will the key with something like /?/windows/system32/drivers/blah.sys. You need to unzip the file (the name of which is in your registry key that you just found) and just put it in that directory. That should be it. I have no idea what the files does tho...tell me if this solves your problem, it took me forever to try to solve this problem.

Hmmm...... Odd! I just today found that I have the same error? It only started 10 days ago. What's going on here?? This is Virus/spyware like stuff?? Or a programs litter.

I find it in 3 keys in the registry:
HKLM\System\Control Set001\Services\DLPORTIO
HKLM\System\Control Set002\Services\DLPORTIO
HKLM\System\Control Set\Services\DLPORTIO

When I look for the folder under C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DLPORTIO The folder is not there?

NOTE** thankugod I could not access your site. Could you dsend me the .dll? decon@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info and the .dll
Decon

Follow up!

I deleted the 3 keys in the registry, actually 2:
HKLM\System\Control Set001\Services\DLPORTIO
HKLM\System\Control Set002\Services\DLPORTIO

Once the above 2 were deleted this one disappeared:

HKLM\System\Control Set\Services\DLPORTIO

End of problem and end of error.

I strongly suspect that some software I installed littered the registry with these keys.

FYI, RegCleaner, which I have used for years did not detect these.

Good luck all, Remember set a restore point and export these 3 keys FIRST. Better safe than sorry.

Regards,
Decon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back