Driver_IRQL_NOT when i update..HELP!

P

ps2wiz01

Every time I go to windows update and download the updates..then when i restart my computer it says "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" on a blue screen. It just freezes on the screen. But the funny part is I have to restart my comp and the message doesn't apear again. But if i shut down my comp and then turn it on I always get that same problem. And i don't get this problem if i uninstall the updates.

What are your computer specs??
We need more information.
This problem is usually caused by a driver trying to access a part of memory it is not supposed to--HOWEVER, I get this problem also and it can also be caused by a variety of other things (aggressive Dram settings , memory config, etc)
Are you by chance using an Abit motherboard???

This problem has been reported quite a bit with the Asus A7V333 on various forums and i've even had it myself on the same board after trying to transfer and move large files, cause was memory setting too aggressive. Some others have also had it during trying to install XP which would be a similar problem involving large memory and file use. Try lowering your memory settings to something more conservative and see if it helps.

I've tried lowering the setting still doesn't help

here are my specs:

Pentium 4 2.26 ghz
786 DDR RAM
Western Digital 120 gigabytes with 8 MB Buffer
GForce 4 ti4200
Gigabyte GA-8IEXP Motherboard

here's the solution 4 u

link

sound's like it's a driver problem. the link should help u 2 sort it out. i've heard a lot of these "not less equal" error's recently 4 some reson...:p

The weird thing is that I only get this message after i install the winodws updates. I've checked my device manager and i don't see any conflicts with any drivers, the only thing is that some aren't digitally signed.

which driver's have u installed recently?, try rolling it bk + see if that help's

I haven't installed any drivers recently. Nothing seems to help this is weird.

That message is indicative of bad or conflicting drivers. You want to download and install the latest drivers for all your hw (especially vid & sound cards) from the OEM web sites, not from Windows Update. And next time you go to Windows Update, be sure not to download drivers.

I've got my drivers all up to date maybe there just isn't a fix for it yet. Thanks anyways.

it is definatly a driver error., probebly a video card driver, 4 some reason my driver wen't wrong 1 time. i fixed it by uninstalling it + rebooting. xp then gives it a driver 4 u. then u can upgrade from there. try uninstalling ur driver 1 @ time.

i'm pretty certain it's a driver error,corupted or not workin properly...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back