Driver???

B

Bretenn

I wondering everytime i install a new hardware....... i cant find windows default driver....

for example... when i wan to install my old 2 axis, 4 button joystick. When i press choose this driver, it prompt to ask where is the driver file......

anyone???

let windows choose the driver .......when you plug in new hardware windows will find the best driver for it .........

i know... but the prob is that windows did not choose the driver........ it said that it cant find any driver......
so i wonderin where i can install back all the default driver...... or to solve this prob.....!!!

If windows cant install a driver you might try going to the web site of the company that made that product and download drivers for it ..... if there are no winxp drivers win2k should work .... just it will say bla bla not signed but you say yeah yeah and contiue with the installation ......

i know... but do i hav any way to get back all the windows xp default driver??? it is veery annoying if i need to install the driver if the windows default driver is oredi good enough for me.... 10qs for reply....

I dont get it ....... sorry but if windows cant find a driver that means you need to get one yourself ....... have you tried the roll back driver option????

no... i mean i cant find any windows default driver.... i think it had been deleted. e.g. i wan to install a new monitor.... windows will detected a new hardware found rite?? but the prob is the windows did not find any driver.... even i cant manually assign a driver to the monitor cause i cant find any windows default driver (even the plug & and play driver also missing...)
get wat i mean??

thats strange ...... you could do a repair of windows that will reinstall your system and does not remove any programs or settings ....... ie , email settings , tweaks , installed programs..... try to repair by reinstalling is all I can think of to help

didn't know that could happen... but I learn something new everyday as well :)

um... when you installed the new stuff you said you installed... did you do a clean operating system install ?

normally if you already had drivers and just upgraded from your old o/s... you can just roll back to drivers... but you're saying you can find it eh?

you SHOULD be able to use the joystick I think.. I never had to install drivers for my joystick and it is the same as yours.. it just says joystick in my control panel/device manager and I can use it..

if you really need the drivers (i.e. if the joystick does not work) just browse the web... I am sure there are some sites that have the older drivers...

and thn just do what kermit with the caveman avatar said :)

btw kermit... that avatar would be sooooo kewl if it was animated :D

lol

yes think I will give that a whirl

thanks btw its HULK !!! lolol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back