driver-upgrade from dtonator 28.32 ???

K

Kliemann

I am trying to run OpenGL 1.3 for Jedi Knight 2 and downloaded therefore the latest nVidia detonator version (28.32).
When running the Detonator 28.32 upgrade (or 28.90 or 29.20 for that matter) my driver version (.1240) remains the same in every case, which leads me to believe that no GeForce 2MX driver upgrade is happening.
I was trying to upgrade the drivers manually, too, but no joy.
What could be the cause of this ? Faulty hardware or is there some trick to this ?

Dell 1.6 GHz P4
GeForce 2 MX/400
XP home

Thanks
Kliemann

I tried updating the drivers for my Geforce 2 using the 28.32_winxp file from NVIDIA but when completed i then check the driver file details and see that the file deatils still remain the same as follows.

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 01/07/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2001.0

If i go to update driver in the display adapter properties and search for update it looks for an INF file. The file supplied by NVIDIA is not an INF file but an EXE file (program).

How can i update my drivers for my Geforce2 ?

Mine is the same. Maybe it doesn't upgrade the driver of the gf2. It is for multiple products. Probably just puts more rubbish on the system that you will never use. :confused:

I am not sure, but perhaps you are not uninstalling all parts of the previous drivers. I use XP's uninstall program with the drivers then I enter the Windows/INF file and manually delete all references in the folder that start nv3 or nv4. Some even go further entering the Windows/Systems32 folder.

i've read of this happening a lot with nvidia detonators. trying going to guru3d.com and download detonator destroyer. it will completely wipe out all remnants of the drivers, then try reinstalling the drivers you want to use.

Last night I updated my drivers to the 28.35 w/refresh fix from 27.42. I looked in Device Manager and it said Device Driver 2.7.4.2 before I updated. After updating it said the same thing, however, when I go to Display Properties and click the NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 under Driver Version Information it says 6.13.10.2385 which means the 28.35's were installed. Weird.

when installing drivers, its best that it is clean before you do. refer to my previous post, if regarding nvidia gfx cards.

dijital, I just checked out the guru3d site, and it says that Detonator Destroyer does not support Windows XP yet. Have u tried it out before?

if you dont feel comfortable using it, you could always look into your system restore to see if you had made restore points before you installed the drivers.

I have a TNT2 and the 82.32 drivers work fine for me, maybe its the way u instaled them?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back