Driver updates from Windows update?

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
When I do the windows update scan, it tells me that I need the following:
"NVIDIA display software update" and "Creative multimedia software update"

What the heck are these? Are these trying to replace my current sb live drivers and nvidia video drivers?
Good idea to update these or not?

I always prefer to get the drivers for all my hardware directly from the manufacturer's site. So, in this case, I'd look at the nVidia, and Creative sites for updated driver versions, and install them instead.

I stopped using WU drivers after I had a bad experience with a display driver that was up a long time ago. Ended up having to format and reinstall to fix the problem. :(

These ones? (attached) I'm interested if it's worth it too...

. . .

dont download them, keep your excisting drivers, the drivers you talk about on microsoft update site are older.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
These ones? (attached) I'm interested if it's worth it too...

The dates look really old. Wouldn't it just be better to download the latest Detonators from nVidia's site. I assume Creative has their own set as well, right?

Yup, got the dets and (28 fecking meg) driver pack from creative, seems quite strange that they still appear even after I have these installed though.

Originally posted by NetRyder
I stopped using WU drivers after I had a bad experience with a display driver that was up a long time ago. Ended up having to format and reinstall to fix the problem. :(

*nods*
Ahuh, same with me... *kicks WU's drivers*

Yeah those speedy_b. I wasnt sure what those drivers were. So they are actually nvidia detonator drivers and creative sb drivers? I think I'd rather stick to the versions I d/l manually and use then...

Always use manufactuer supplied drivers over anything that MS provides. You will get better speed and functionality from the original manufacturer's driver.

JJB

A longtime I used windows update drivers rather than the manufacturer's driver. I have now become a born again driver user. I always use the latest manufacturer's drivers from their sites.

I am sick and tired of M$ support service (well it aint no service really).

So under options on M$ update site I now have checked not to receive driver support. Blah I have come out of the closet now :p

Microsoft reckons they're troubleshooting drivers - I reckon they're trouble causing :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back