Driver problem?

M

Marco

Ok, not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes.

Two weeks ago i installed the latest integrated drivers from ALI, the 1.07 set. When i switched on the next day i was confronted with a reactivation screen
I had to write down a number XP gave me, ring a helpline number and re-enter a new activation code. It was very easy (hats off to Microsoft) and only took 5 minutes!!
Since then i have experienced all kinds of lockups, in games, in Windows, everything.
I have gone back to the original ALI drivers, the 1.04 set and changed my graphics driver to the nVidia 23.80's.
Still happening.
I cant think of anything else i may have done recently that has changed the config.
Any ideas would be gratefully accepted

Did you roll back the driver or just uninstall the driver?

roll back takes the driver back to microsofts windows xp driver (WDM)

also roll back your video card and then reinstall the ali set and the vid card.... Don't nvidia drivers come with ali drivers?

Hope this helps

--Nick--

Driver probs

Thanks Nick1gbr,
I was not aware that rollback worked that way. I will try that ASAP (well, when i get home from work).Im not sure if Nvidia drivers include the Ali drivers. I may try installing the detonators first and see what happens.
Thanks for the advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back