drive not found

J

jrichard

hi i was under Me, now i have upgraded it into XP pro.
the system sees the dvd drive but not my mitsumi burner CR4804TE and either not my cd drive.

cpu athlon 800 mainboard asus V7

thanks for your help

have no hair anymore with this :confused:

richard

This is from microsoft.

CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
Symptoms
After you install Microsoft Windows XP, the CD-ROM drive, the DVD-ROM drive, or CD-ROM R/W drive may not be visible in the My Computer window. Additionally, there may be question marks on the devices that are listed under CD-ROM drives in Device Manager.
Cause
An incorrect device driver was installed for the CD-ROM device.
Resolution
To resolve this behavior, use the following methods in the order in which they are presented.
Method 1: Remove Registry Entry
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Curretcontrolset/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
On the File menu, click Export.
In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes. NOTE: If this data type is missing, continue to the next method.
Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Quit the Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Method 2: Replace Existing Driver
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
If Control Panel is in Category view, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.

Also check that the Bios has detected the drives

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back