Drive Image : Drive Copy

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
From the powerquest web site> For dive copy.

"Supports Major Operating System Platforms
DriveCopy supports all of the popular operating systems and the file systems they use.
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows Me
Windows 95/98
Windows NT
Windows 3.1
DOS
Linux "

Besides the fact that it does not seem to support XP what are the differences between 'copy' & 'image'? Don't they do the same sort of thing?

well if u had looked at the faq bout the product u wold have seen this
"Q: What is the difference between DriveCopy and Drive Image?
A: DriveCopy is a disk-to-disk cloning tool used for copying the contents of one hard disk directly to another hard disk. Drive Image has the same disk-to-disk cloning function built into it, as well as additional features for creating and restoring image files for backup purposes. "

have a read here

Thanks for that Chastity. Didn't think of the FAQ. So what it is saying is that 'image' can restore bits & pieces whereas 'copy' can't?

Hipster,

If your looking for a recommendation I'll give driveimage one, I use it once a week where each Saturday morning while I'm asleep it mirrors all my partitions onto a second HD.

Then as just a few days ago I needed to replace my primary partition it was done using a boot disk without any issues.

Also with their explorer you can view and extract individual files to original or other location.

For me very good and proven application.

David.

Thanx for that djmorgan. I know nothing about how these programs work. Never used one but I can see the advantages of having one. 'Image' seems to be the way to go rather than 'copy'.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back