Drive Image 2002 - CD-RW problem

W

wdeanmorgan

Hi. I have recently installed Drive Image 2002 on my Dell 4300 running WinXP-HE. The progam installed fine and I was able to create the rescue floppies. I also used the 'setup wizard' to resize my 'C' disk an install an image of my OS on the new partition. What I CANNOT do is get Disk Image 2002 to do is recognize my Cd-RW drive. I want to backup my OS image to CD's. If the HD crashes, having an image on a partition of the same drive won't do me much good! PowerQuest has not been much help. They say update the firmware for the CD-RW driver. Dell doesn't have an update. Anyone have this problem and any suggestions? Thanks. Dingo

Don't know if you've tried this, but sometimes it's better to have a blank cd in the drive before trying to select it.

Does DI even list the drive as a potential location for saving?

do you know the make and model number of the CDRW ?

Dell doesn't make them they just put then together.

Look in the hardware settings and try to find the make and model number

Good luck

cool.gif

You have checked that you have the ASPI layer installed and not using the windows native drivers, this is explained in DriveImage FAQ.

Use Adaptec chkaspi from thier site if in doubt.

CD-RW- DRIVE FOR DELL 4300

Hi Iceman.
All the info in Device Hardware is as follows:

HL-DT-ST CD-RW-GCE-8160-B
Signed MS WinXP Publisher
File Ver-MS 5.1.2600.0 (7-1-2001)
XP Client 010817-114CD-RW 40XR-16XW
Do you know how I can update the firmware for this? Thanks, Dingo.

CD-RW- DRIVE FOR DELL 4300 Link To Post #5

Hi Iceman.
All the info in Device Hardware is as follows:

HL-DT-ST CD-RW-GCE-8160-B
Signed MS WinXP Publisher
File Ver-MS 5.1.2600.0 (7-1-2001)
XP Client 010817-114CD-RW 40XR-16XW
Do you know how I can update the firmware for this? Thanks, Dingo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back