DreamScene Preview Available for Vista Ultimate Users

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
if so, you get to try out Dreamscene. just update myself. seems pretty cool but uses all of my processor and explorer was over 100mb. i was told it doesnt use any resources like this but o con trair(spelling?) unless anyone else is having this issue i dnt see a point in using this all the time.

Re: anyone do a vista update today?

Downloading the updates now... I will update usage on Dreamscene following...

The CPU usage depends on the type of video you're using. WMV decompression is more expensive, so try to use MPEGs instead.

The last time I checked, my CPU usage was averaging around 10% with DreamScene running, which is not bad, but I don't keep it running often. Prefer to leave my CPU cycles idle for Folding@home. :)

yeah i was just using what came with the samples...

if so, you get to try out Dreamscene. just update myself. seems pretty cool but uses all of my processor and explorer was over 100mb. i was told it doesnt use any resources like this but o con trair(spelling?) unless anyone else is having this issue i dnt see a point in using this all the time.

The right spelling: "au contraire" (on the contrary) ;)

thanks

Aaaaah, only for Ultimate, bummer

Sorry windows ultimate extra only.

4800 Dual Core processor @50% useage with Dreamscene desktop video installed..... not that impressed

my cpu is fine, around 5-15% usuage. Mem is a bit high though, explorer.exe is running at 99MB

well my guess is if you're PC is capable of all the bells and whistles of aero, it should be capable of this. if it does indeed use WMV (or even MPEG2), DXVA should kick in and handle most of the load normally carried by the CPU. all you need is a capable graphics card, drivers and decoder. I'm guessing most of you already have a decent directx9 graphics card, and both WMV and MPEG2 decoders are installed with the OS, so update your drivers! :)

NR, this would make for one cool feature for a demo computer.

Smoke, benefits of buying/owning Ultimate. It's the way software works. You should be used to it by now. (Office Professional vs. Standard, Photoshop CS2 vs. Photoshop Elements, etc.). The more you spend the more you get.

Excellent robot dreamscene video on Matts link ... although you have to load Stardock software to adjust in Control Panel / change desktop background.

Hmmm.. my pc uses 85% of my 1GB or RAM all the time - and DreamScene did not affect that and my CPU usage (1 core Athlon64 3000+) is at 5-15% usage. Not bad at all...

Hmmm.. my pc uses 85% of my 1GB or RAM all the time - and DreamScene did not affect that and my CPU usage (1 core Athlon64 3000+) is at 5-15% usage. Not bad at all...

Sounds kinda high to me as when I had 1GB of ram the usage in Vista was only about 40 to 45%. Now that I have 2GB it is around 20%.

1.36GB of the 3.25GB being used with 63 processes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back