Dragon Plus smart card uses?

freightgod

Confused and Bewildered
My MB is a Soho SY-K7V Dragon Plus! which includes a smart card reader.

Have any other owners actually used the thing and with what software/cards? I'd love to find a use for it.

smart cards? isn't that what they have in some digital cameras and stuff?

I dunno I suppose you can dl stuff onto the cards or from cards to your computer for multimedia purposes.. :)

Swipe card terminal access, just got to remember your swipe card instead of your password, also computerised clocking in/out terminals...

BACS, automated credit service for paying wages into the bank.. a friend who works as an accountant has a swipe card to authorise payment of the company wages after the slips have been processed. Set it up on sage and swipe the money's into peoples acocunts in 1 go..

aint just for unlocking mobiles LOL

The thing that comes with the Dragon Plus is a smart chip reader. It doesnt read mag stripes on swipecards. It reads those little gold chips on phone cards and credit cards (ever seen that Amercican Express "Blue" card, it reads those little gold chips).

I have one, but its not connected and i have no idea what useful purpose it would serve

JJB

Sorry, yes, I meant smart chip reader. Amex Blue cards and the like use proprietary readers. The one that came with my blue card isn't compatable with win Me or XP.

i have the same thing on my Soyo. I only use the 2 USB slots it comes with. I have little use for that slot, considering the smart card wont' work. it usually works for those SIM cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back