downloadin streaming videoo

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i downloaded these programs that are suppose to download streamin videos but then they ask for the URL which i don't have (uses java popup) so that kinda defeats the purpose of what im tryin to do...so does any1 know how to download streamin video from a small external pop up window player??

exampleeee <--- click on a video icon next to one of the songs....

A bit off topic, what exactly is "steaming Video"? Are you trying to download a video?

The various programs I've used to download streaming video have always worked to some degree. The problem, as you mention, is finding the right URL.

Site owners are coming up with better and better ways to counter people taking streaming content from their site and downloading them locally. They can use such methods such as javascript popup windows, embedded links, windows media redirects, session based URL's, etc..

From my experience, I have always been able to find the true URL.. some sites have been harder than others. The dynamic session based URL's are a pain in the a** to figure out.. but I did finally manage to crack that one.

While, at the moment, I can't view the site you give as an example (my corporate internet filtering software is choosing to block that at the moment) I can give you some general direction and guidance.

If it is popping open a window, why not just look at the source for the popup window. In the source, should be a link to video. You can try to take that link and use it in your program that you are using.

Try looking at this tread too which may or may not help..
http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?p=43485

If you need more specific help, I would probably need more info since I can't get to the site right now. Or, you can wait until I get home and if I remember at home to come back to this thread, I can look at the example link and give you more info.

--fitz

javascript:eek:nclick=load_video_window('2459')

^ thats what it does for the link to the video

prodj88 said:
fitz u there

The short answer is.. no. I went away for the weekend to a place with little electricity and even less access to any sort of network (let alone the internet).

But I'm back.. and I'm glad to see that you managed to pull it down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back