Downloader !!!

Z

ZAnwar

What is the best downloading program out of Gozilla, Getright and Star Downloader ???

Or are there any better ones ?

Download accellorater plus

DAP plus is the best, download.com check it out..

Originally posted by catch23
I like flashget...hate Getright and Go!Zilla...haven't tried Star Downloader...and anyone who think DAP actually makes their downloads go faster is insane.

DAP does make your downloads go faster on some sites in comparison to IE.

IE on some sites makes one connection to the download wheras DAP makes 7 making the download atleast twice as fast.

Kontiki Download Manager

Kontiki Download Manager accelerates the delivery of video, software, audio, and other digital media files to your computer. It provides TV-quality video when used with a high-speed Internet connection, and includes an option for offline viewing. The Kontiki Download Manager is a component of the Kontiki Delivery Management System, a suite of applications for enterprises who want the ability to securely distribute large digital files such as PDF files, software, and video. The program's bandwidth harvesting technology enables faster download times and automatic delivery from multiple sources closest to you. There is an automatic pause and resume feature in case a download is interrupted.

Download

For a test, I tried downloading CounterStrike via internet. The file was about 100mb. My isp provides the max speed of 1.5mbps. Kontiki download CS in the near speed of 1.5mbps. You all should try it.

I am now using DAP, I have used Star downloader, Gozilla and getright but I still think that DAP is better than all of them !!!

Catch23.. u talkin poop again m8!! :rolleyes: DAP5 which I have is faster than Getright & Flashget

It remembers passwords, uses mirror seeking to get best connections, and makes 7 connections, and if you get the full version, stops ads.

Why are DAP downloads faster than normal then (on my rig) ?? if its suppost to be so slow how come its faster than standard downloads huh?

The mirror seeking has never gotten the wrong thing, for me or any of my m8's that also use DAP5.

Normal download is 5.4 kilo bytes a second, DAP is 6.6.. yeah must be slower!!!??:rolleyes:

wget

It may not be graphical, but it resumes on failed transfers and is a lot faster than the graphical counterparts, aside from those that grab multiple pieces of one file (eg: DAP)

You can grab it at http://www.wget.org/ and follow the instructions from there. And yes, you'll need to grab the .dll files and put them in your %systemroot%/system32/ dir

I come from a strong unix background and only use Windows for gaming with StarCraft and Counter-Strike and other HL mods :) (and to all you unix/linux/bsd haters out there - hush!)

:)

For those who are challenged....

... in the reading department and need things handed to them (no I'm not dissin ya, I just forgot to post an easy link!)

HEre is where you can get the win32 binaries for wget http://space.tin.it/computer/hherold/

just look for the link that says 1.8.2 and grab the binary (http) unless you plan on compiling from scratch. Once you get to knowing it, things get better. (and who said you're limited to only a few downloads at once?)

there are so many download manager out there that it's hard to choose one. but i do know that DAP is crap. Say you split the download file into 4 parts. now... part 1,2 and 3 has finished but part 4 still lags behind. What will DAP do in this situation? It will simply wait part 4 to finish instead of splitting the unfinished part of 4 into smaller pieces to download.

try mass downloader .... what it will is that it will create a dummy file with the size of your download file and begin filling it with the data from the download... once a thread of the download is finished it will split other unfinished thread... as result ... you'll always have 10 threads or 4 threads downloading the file...

My 2 cents

OK I use AOL7.0 & a 56k connection, so I know the true meaning of limited bandwith. Download Managers are only good for a few things like resume on large simple files & queing simple files. If you try downloading a driver using multiple sources chances are that the driver will be corrupt. Speaking from personal experince Download managers have given me a max download of 5kbs, where as windows own downloader has given me a max download of 20kbs.
WindowsDownload.JPG

the best rate i have ever got with windows in 7kb/s. dap seems to work much faster + downloads in bout half the time

I'm using Flashget now and nothing beats that. And I tried a lot of them.

Re: My 2 cents

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
OK I use AOL7.0 & a 56k connection, so I know the true meaning of limited bandwith. Download Managers are only good for a few things like resume on large simple files & queing simple files. If you try downloading a driver using multiple sources chances are that the driver will be corrupt. Speaking from personal experince Download managers have given me a max download of 5kbs, where as windows own downloader has given me a max download of 20kbs.
WindowsDownload.JPG

Ok lemme enlighten you on the 20Kb/sec you get downloading using the IE download.

You get speeds like that due to a "data burst" when the download starts and this is common in small files. Just try downloading a 3 Mb file and I bet the speed will calm down to around 4-7kb/sec after 5-10 seconds.

Also 20Kb constant download rate is not possible on a 56k connection, well not from my experience anyway.

Hope that helps :)

thats why I said 20kbs and not 40kbs cos thats what I get when the packets 1st arrive :D It is very unusual but it has & does happen. Since upgrading to AOL7.0 & XP my average download speed has doubled except using download managers they have remained the same.

thas why i get such a crap download it takes it bout 5 seconds 2 realise how shit a data strem it's gettin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back