download managers

P

painbird

i have been using download mage for about a year now and i like it but it seems they are no longer supporting it. are there are others like it or better than it?

thanks

I have always used Freshdownload, I was very pleased with it. The reason I don't use it anymore, is because Firebird/Fox comes with an integrated d/l manager.

the download manager doesn't have "que" in the mozilla browser as far as I know...que is a very important feature...you can set up like a hundred downloads at a time, and set how many can download at once

I set mine to download one at a time, so I still have bandwidth to serf

everyone that I know that tried star downloader stayed with it

I set up my firefox to use star instead of the native manager

I use flashget as well... make sure you get a decent pop-up blocker if you use the free version of it though..

there are no pop ups, adds of any kind with the free version of star

~bk said:
Are download managers good?

For very large files on a relatively slow connection, yes.
I haven't found the need to use one in quite a while.

Flashget 1.1 is the best. You can tweak it so that you can get upto 30 connections per download. :)

Flashget 1.5 Final is the best one ever !! :D

I used getright when on dial-up, now on broadband don't really need it.

After Version 4.5d it got poor. Crashes constantly, don't fully download, needs a reg patch for my server, well I tried some other managers, they're either got spyware or if free try to copy other dl managers. I will stick with getright as I payed for a lifetime licence, like all registered users.

I think Go!zilla is better.

My top 5 are

1) Go!zilla (Registered)
2) Get-right
3) Accelerator +
4) Star downloader
=5) Mozilla and Opera dl managers.

wget is the don. Has been ported to every platform under the sun, so you never need to change whatever you're using :) Most people are scared off by the command line though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back