download managers

P

painbird

i have been using download mage for about a year now and i like it but it seems they are no longer supporting it. are there are others like it or better than it?

thanks

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have always used Freshdownload, I was very pleased with it. The reason I don't use it anymore, is because Firebird/Fox comes with an integrated d/l manager.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
the download manager doesn't have "que" in the mozilla browser as far as I know...que is a very important feature...you can set up like a hundred downloads at a time, and set how many can download at once

I set mine to download one at a time, so I still have bandwidth to serf

everyone that I know that tried star downloader stayed with it

I set up my firefox to use star instead of the native manager

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I use flashget as well... make sure you get a decent pop-up blocker if you use the free version of it though..

Sapience____

OSNN Junior Addict
I used getright when on dial-up, now on broadband don't really need it.

After Version 4.5d it got poor. Crashes constantly, don't fully download, needs a reg patch for my server, well I tried some other managers, they're either got spyware or if free try to copy other dl managers. I will stick with getright as I payed for a lifetime licence, like all registered users.

I think Go!zilla is better.

My top 5 are

1) Go!zilla (Registered)
2) Get-right
3) Accelerator +
4) Star downloader
=5) Mozilla and Opera dl managers.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
wget is the don. Has been ported to every platform under the sun, so you never need to change whatever you're using :) Most people are scared off by the command line though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut