Download manager

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
I am looking for a good download manager that works with firefox. I dont mind paying for one but opensource would be nice, but i have never heard of one :wow:
Thanks for the help.

not sure if flashget works with it.... but that's a good one.

hey no need to pay - google up freshdownload - I use it and it works a treat, integrates with browser if you want also, totally free - should not have to pay for something like that.... gimme reps if you agree - don't if you find something better (just tell me about it instead!)

Mainframeguy said:
hey no need to pay - google up freshdownload - I use it and it works a treat, integrates with browser if you want also, totally free - should not have to pay for something like that.... gimme reps if you agree - don't if you find something better (just tell me about it instead!)

I would try it but it wont take any of my email addresses!! :monster: Ill try it again later. Any other ideas?

Does anybody know why my firefox treats images as downloads? i.e if I save an image it freezes the page until it downloads and a download complete box shows.

zeke_mo said:
I would try it but it wont take any of my email addresses!! :monster: Ill try it again later. Any other ideas?
PM me one and I can send it to you I feel sure.... or pop into IRC and I'll DCC it... or if you really need to I can upload it to an FTP space for you? Would want to PM you the addie though (bandwidth capped so not for everyone) so let me know....

leedogg said:
Does anybody know why my firefox treats images as downloads? i.e if I save an image it freezes the page until it downloads and a download complete box shows.
Make sure images aren't in the file types list of the download options

oh and another vote for FreshDownload

Flashget with the flashgot extension works great with firefox. You can use other download managers with the same extension.

I use NetTransport registered edition with flashgot & firefox :D does me fine.

Another vote for NetTransport, although I tend to use it only when I'm downloading very large files. The nicest feature is being able to download MMS and RTSP streams. :)

I use Reget now and used to use Getright. I switched as Reget will catch downloads without running in taskbar notify area like Getright does.

Another vote for Reget, though you'll have to *find* it yourself ;)
Reget is the only one that really accelerated my downloads (increase the # of simultaneous connections to 100)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back