• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Download manager

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
I am looking for a good download manager that works with firefox. I dont mind paying for one but opensource would be nice, but i have never heard of one :wow:
Thanks for the help.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
hey no need to pay - google up freshdownload - I use it and it works a treat, integrates with browser if you want also, totally free - should not have to pay for something like that.... gimme reps if you agree - don't if you find something better (just tell me about it instead!)

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Mainframeguy said:
hey no need to pay - google up freshdownload - I use it and it works a treat, integrates with browser if you want also, totally free - should not have to pay for something like that.... gimme reps if you agree - don't if you find something better (just tell me about it instead!)

I would try it but it wont take any of my email addresses!! :monster: Ill try it again later. Any other ideas?

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Does anybody know why my firefox treats images as downloads? i.e if I save an image it freezes the page until it downloads and a download complete box shows.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
zeke_mo said:
I would try it but it wont take any of my email addresses!! :monster: Ill try it again later. Any other ideas?
PM me one and I can send it to you I feel sure.... or pop into IRC and I'll DCC it... or if you really need to I can upload it to an FTP space for you? Would want to PM you the addie though (bandwidth capped so not for everyone) so let me know....

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
leedogg said:
Does anybody know why my firefox treats images as downloads? i.e if I save an image it freezes the page until it downloads and a download complete box shows.
Make sure images aren't in the file types list of the download options

oh and another vote for FreshDownload

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Flashget with the flashgot extension works great with firefox. You can use other download managers with the same extension.

Another vote for NetTransport, although I tend to use it only when I'm downloading very large files. The nicest feature is being able to download MMS and RTSP streams. :)

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
Another vote for Reget, though you'll have to *find* it yourself ;)
Reget is the only one that really accelerated my downloads (increase the # of simultaneous connections to 100)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix