• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Download Manager

M

macthemac

Hi guys, i would like to know you guys opinions of which DOWNLOAD MANAGER is the best.
I've heard loads of them like : FLASHGET, DAP, LEECHGET, GETRIGHT Etc...... but which one is the best ? We don't know.
So i would like to have your opinions and then we can get to a conclusion.
Thank you all.
mac...

S

Static 99

In my opinion Star Downloader is the best.

From the developer:
Star Downloader is a download accelerator that can increase download speeds by up to 400 percent. Unlike similar applications, it is completely free. It does not contain any banner ads or spy-ware.

http://www.stardownloader.com/index.php

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
some people will come in here and tell you your downloads will not increase in speed with a dl proggy

doesn't matter, the resume feature is good enough reason to have one.

I use star, but I understand everyone falls in love with whichever one they start with...so take your pick

S

Sinister

I recommend DAP as it breaks up the files and also d/ls it from other mirrors. I have used all Download Managers and found DAP to be the best. Each to his/her own though.... Download a few and try them out for yourself:)

R

RobbieSan

I've been using Flashget.. it's pretty good.. overall though with my cable conenction I've been getting rates of anywhere from 300-600+K depending on the server.. for the most part I get my files so fast I don't need to worry about a manager.. **knocks on wood**

E

engel59

I use LeechGet 2002, it's FREE. I like it a lot. I've never tried any of the other download managers though. You can download 3 or more pieces of the file at the same time. My connection is Satellite Broadband. LeechGet does support Dial-Up as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown