Download Accelerator

A

alloy25

I would like to know if there is a free d/load accelerator that is similar to GetRight......

I had Getright but I cant use it any more for reasons I cant say as a moderator or Two may not like it and I wouldn't like to upset them;) ......

Thanx in Advance..

Alloy25

I use StarDownloader. I tried FreshDownload, but I wasn't very fond of it.

StarDownloader had all the features I was looking for. I like the fact that I can minimize it and all the downloads it does to the system tray, plus it shows download progress on the system tray icons or I can click on it and it shows an on-screen display of the progress. It just has what I want. It's been a while since I messed with FreshDownload. From what I remember, to me, it still looked like it needed some work. That and I don't like having to register my software in order to use it properly.
As for the question "do they work", it depends on what you want it to do. Sometimes, yes, it can speed up your downloads by quite a bit. But, one of the main reasons I like to use download programs like this is simply for it's ability to resume a download. I hate it when I'm downloading a really large file, it gets to about 90%, then something screws up along the way (disconnections on dialup, connection timeouts, bad servers, etc). It's nice being able to just have to get that last 10% later than having to redownload the whole thing all over again.

Ok.....I'm going with star for the moment and we'll see how it goes...
Gave it a quick go and holy **** it's fast...much faster than getright and it's free.........
Good work to dealer and zyfos........

Alloy25

Your both right.

In 1.40 u can make it shareware OR adware.

Originally posted by lechtard
Fksh Get is shareware .. Yes it is the best though ..

someone tell me what this program has that star does not

uhh I got Flash get.. but how do I use it? when I download, windows uses its orignal download.. how can I make Flashget to download automatically in replacment of windows?

It was either shut down or hang up that flashget had that star couldn't do.

i was using star for a little while. But there were a few functions that i needed.

Site Explorer was another one. I needed to leech a few files off a site.

Its just a couple of things that flashget had that star didn't. So i chose flash. Star was a good downloader but would have helped if it had theme support. It looks really really shocking.

leechget.de has a GREAT frontend but not much in the way of features. Its a great resume/pause downloader... but thats about it

Originally posted by Razorwing
uhh I got Flash get.. but how do I use it? when I download, windows uses its orignal download.. how can I make Flashget to download automatically in replacment of windows?

comeon someone help me plz..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back