Downgrading to Win2k from WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bgmagic

HI everyone, I figure the answer I'm going to get from this is no because I've tried looking all over the internet for an answer and no one seems to have any info on doing this. I want to get XP off the system and put windows 2000 pro back on but I dont want to lose everything on my C: drive (programs). Is there anyway of doing this without formatting????? Any help would be great

Thanks,
Brett

Lets just say I have some serious problems with XP on my computer. Is there any way to do it?

er,

back data up onto CD or another drive (another computer if over network) and format? but i guess u must have one Pc & one drive therefore the answer is probably gonna be no :)

you'll have to back up all important data...then wipe that sucka!

remember to partition your hdd(s) next time you format...then you won't have this problem again. :)

Hey! I'm going to do the same thing too. Thank goodness I partition my harddisk earlier with 10GB for C: and 20GB for D: to keep own stuff. Else I'll have headache.

There's a software call partition magic, not sure if it could still maintain your data while u partition.

Like what?

Originally posted by bgmagic
Lets just say I have some serious problems with XP on my computer. Is there any way to do it?

I see you have 4 posts here maybe you could let us know what problems you are having, you might be in for a suprise, maybe those problems seem big to you, give us a chance to have a go at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back