Doubled my bandwidth :)

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Ok, still only ADSL but decided to lay out the extra to go from 512k to 1M...

sooooo would anyone care to post some linkies for me to enjoy the extra fatness of my download pipe?

(and like I said in IRC, no pr0n of course, there are guidelines here ;) )

My ISP increased both my upload and download speed by 50% last night, bringing me to 3mbit (384 KB) down and 576 kbit (72 KB) up :D.
I was downloading last night at around 2 am when suddenly my internet popped out. When trying to renew my IP address (I use DHCP to connect to my ISP), I got this strange address of 192.168.100.11'ish. But 45 mins later I got my normal IP back (semi-static :D). Then I noticed BitComet uploading at 70 KB/s, the I quickly went to speedtest.nl and I saw my new up/down speeds!
Then to think I started at 512/64 2 years ago with the same subscription... :p

interesting link I just found...

this site seemed to use a little download time - interesting stuff there, weird :rolleyes:

Glaanieboy said:
laughing1.gif

LOL Glaanie did not get it at all!

But thankyou Glaanie - you have reminded me I want to burn some of those isos for my old 333 MHZ box to play around with when I find somewhere to put it that I can (just run out of desk space with three machines and a laptop :eek:)

[edit] console yourself with the knowledge you have a cooler mouse than me, for now, EP :p [/edit]

:D

Ah well, I will get my 2meg in February
(when downloads have been made illegal and caps are set at 300 meg a month ... maybe)

Started with 512 (IP - 64K/s)/128 (IP - 16K/s) two years ago, 2-3 leaps ahead later, I'm now 6347 (IP - ~800Ko/s)/ 667 (IP - 83Ko/s).
I give the IP synchronizing rate, multiply by 1.2 to get the ATM rate (i.e: 6347 IP = 7616 ATM) which is what my modem tells me it's synchronizing at.
For the same price: 29.99€ (36.93$, 20.51£).

Electronic Punk said:
:D

Ah well, I will get my 2meg in February
(when downloads have been made illegal and caps are set at 300 meg a month ... maybe)
300mb? You'll be lucky if BT have their way! :p

More like 10MB a week. Just enough to download the latest ATI drivers each month!

Hugs my 56k modem but since they never connect at 56k i am gonna call it my 46666bps modem :p

You can't physically connect at 56k... just for reference ;P

i got my speed boooooooooooooooooooooooost as well:

Downstream Rate: 1152 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 288 Kbps

:D all for the same price each month ;)

I get OC192 tomorrow!!!!!!!!

wait..... no I don't.

feck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back