Double XP??

M

Metonic

Today i tried to to reinstall windows xp , but when i chose to start a full install it installed himself on my second drive , leaving the first version of windows xp on my computer. I can't get the second version off my computer. I'm now downloading a bootdiskmaker , maybe it will help if i just delete the second version in dos? I don't want to format the second disk , because there a lot of important information on it. Who can help me get rid of the second version of windows xp?

why dont u try shifting ure important data to the other drive? and then format it from dos ... A good boot disk is "Ultimate Boot Disk(UBD)" look for it on download.com ...

-{bLaDe}

but don't i get stuck with some stupid bootmenu then. I now can choose between xp and xp. Isn't that bootmenu configured in autoexec.bat or config.sys on the c:?

hmm i dunno wht u really want, do u want windows xp only instaled on one drive? well format the other one ... once u only have winxp installed on say C: drive, then it should automaticly boot ... if not, configure it to from the bios ...?

-{bLaDe}

well , i formatted the other drive , but i still have some stupid boot menu.

to get rid of the 2nd OS boot up option, go to control panel, system, advanced tab at the top. Click on settings in the startup and recovery section.

then click on edit in the system start up section.

a notepad window should open and the last 2 text entries should be this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Delete the one that references disk 2 or partition 2, wherever the 2nd install went

save the file, close out of control panel and reboot. No more option during boot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back