dos ftp- need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuajamie

OSNN Junior Addict
Hiya all, I have all the commands right and scripts are fine. But whatever I download it never downloads the full file, just a small portion of it. Any ideas ?

joshuajamie said:
Hiya all, I have all the commands right and scripts are fine. But whatever I download it never downloads the full file, just a small portion of it. Any ideas ?

sounds to me like something is timing out. Is there a reason you have to run DOS? Could you try WSftp instead? What sort of connection do you have, is that causing any probs or does your connection stay on throughout?

Its not timing out; it's saying its completed. My adsl connection is fine and un used when I run the batch cmd. Please do not tell me to use other software, thats an easy way out.

I'm trying to get a basic ftp script working using a minimal amount of admin overhead, and installing ftp software left right and centre is not my idea of fun when windows has its on ftp software built in.

Thank you for your help.

those 2 sites i linked to dont install anything ;) they are just a llil bit prettyer than dos :p

Yes but they dont support scripts do they, I want a 1 touch operation of downloading a single file from 1 site then uploading it to another. It's working just not doing the whole file, can any1 help?

I really hope you arent calling the ppl here a 'Bunch of dim wits'

does joshuajamie think he's gona get help now :p

ahh that got your attention didnt it! lmao. quick to post flame but not solutions i see.

you think flaming is funny.

Keep going down that road and I will show what I think is funny.

ok dude. you can do what you like. this website died a while back. i was just giving it 1 last chance. do as you please, im just saying what everybody else is thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back