DoS Attempt on my E-mail

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
This fool is mad at me for some stupid eBay transaction, and he's trying to crash my mail server. I use http://www.1and1.com for hosting. I have asked before, in regards to spam if I can block e-mail at the domain level, and they said no. Everything comes down through the server, to my outlook. I can write a rule to dump his stuff into the trash, but how else can I stop this, prevent this, get back at him (lol) etc?

He's sent me 21 messages in 1.31 minutes so far. Luckily, he has free Yahoo mail, so his sending abilities are limited.

report him to yahoo.... he can get his account banned or suspended for it.

Yharn said:
report him to yahoo.... he can get his account banned or suspended for it.

Yeah, I sent something off to both spam@yahoo.com and spoof@yahoo.com, but unfortunately I feel nothing will come of this. It's almost better to have a paid for service (AOL for example) because you are more likely to have someone do something about it.

celticfan11 said:
Stop your Ebay scams?
lol :)

It's actually not a scam. I bought something off Ebay, went to transfer the warranty through Dell and they informed me it was stolen. I am working on contacting the owner, but they are not giving me more information. So, when I refused to pay the crook, he flipped out.

celticfan11 said:
Was kidding. :)
And that sounds like one sucky pickle you got into there.

Well yeah, it's not fun. I don't want to link to the item or anything because there is no need to go there, but my main concern is that he has my address.

He threatened me a few days ago saying his brother lives about an hour away. More importantly, my Fiance is home by herself during the day because she works nights and I work days. Anyone who steals stuff and sells it on eBay, and knows my address, makes me a little uneasy. My Fiance is tough as nails, don't get me wrong, but people do stupid stuff sometimes.

Not really sure waht to do here, I want to do the right thing and work with Dell to return the item to it's owner, but they won't give me any information. I don't want to return it to this clown because obviously it's stolen, but we will see how this progresses.....

Here is the e-mail he sent me 23 times....

LOOK THIS IS IT YOUR PAYMENT FAILED!!! I WANT EITHER MY POCKET PC OR $517 IN THE NEXT 3 DAYS OR I WILL TAKE FARTHER ACTION!!!! EMAIL ME AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS!!! I'VE BEEN NICE & WAITED NOW I'M FED UP!!! I'LL CONTACT EBAY IN 3 HOURS!!!

The Payment "failed" because I put a stop on it when I found out it was stolen. Here is a message from a few days ago....

I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU! I'VE GOT A BROTHER WHO LIVES ABOUT 1 HOUR FROM YOU & HE SAID THAT HE CAN COME PICK IT UP IF HE NEEDS TO. LET ME KNOW YOUR PLANS. ASAP OR I'LL PROBALLY JUST HAVE HIM STOP BY TOMORROW IF I DON'T HEAR FROM YOU BY THEN.

1and1 are lying. They can block email from domains or even individual senders just as easily as I can. I'd harass them about it or forward all that junk you get to their support desk and see what they say about it then :D

did you tell him that dell told you the item was stolen and that you will be informing the police. Bluff a little i bet you dont hear from him again. But do something about the item dont just keep it that would be shady hehe.

He just e-mailed me stating that he "cleared" it up with Dell. Which very well could mean he transferred warranty from wherever it was taken, to himself.

Quite frankly, I think I'm going to return it, not worth the hassle.

After getting emails like that, I would return it. I would also tell him that I am giving him a bad rep point for his actions, he had no reason to act like that .. He could have handled it a lot better. I would also email ebay and let them know about his harassment .. They will do something with him ..

It also amazes me that he actually sent it without making sure he got the monies. Most people, well the ones I delt with, never sent the items until they have the cash in hand. I guess a lot of people bid on something, make a payment, then put a stop on it .. If the guy was smart he would have waited ..

Yes never heard of anyone sending something without have the cash in hand, then again this is Kcnychief anything is possible .

Johnny said:
After getting emails like that, I would return it. I would also tell him that I am giving him a bad rep point for his actions, he had no reason to act like that .. He could have handled it a lot better. I would also email ebay and let them know about his harassment .. They will do something with him ..

It also amazes me that he actually sent it without making sure he got the monies. Most people, well the ones I delt with, never sent the items until they have the cash in hand. I guess a lot of people bid on something, make a payment, then put a stop on it .. If the guy was smart he would have waited ..

Very true about sending before receiving payment. He had a feedback of 0 when I bought, it's now 11. My personal feedback being near 1200 now, I know better...

If your truely concert perhaps contacting the authoritys might not be a bad idea and explain to them that you got stolen property via ebay and are not recieving threating emails.

If you want to get rid of the guy it's easy. Get the statement from Dell that the item was stolen. Send a copy of that and your transaction infor with the guy to the police where he lives and tell them to charge him with trafficing in stolen goods. A crime whether he knew or not. Also, if you are lucky enough that he lives in another state send copies to the US Postmaster General (if he mailed it vs UPS or Fedex) and the FBI. Trafficing in stolen goods across state borders is even more entertaining.

He will be too busy to be sending you emails.

PS cc Yahoo and ebay with copies of the crimnal complaints. That will wake them up.

Last edited:
If you want to get rid of the guy it's easy. Get the statement from Dell that the item was stolen. Send a copy of that and your transaction infor with the guy to the police where he lives and tell them to charge him with trafficing in stolen goods. A crime whether he knew or not. Also, if you are lucky enough that he lives in another state send copies to the US Postmaster General (if he mailed it vs UPS or Fedex) and the FBI. Trafficing in stolen goods across state borders is even more entertaining.

He will be too busy to be sending you emails.

PS cc Yahoo and ebay with copies of the crimnal complaints. That will wake them up.

and if that doesnt work i have a borhter that lives near him that can just break his legs. ;)

Whatever you do don't send it back to him until after you contact the authorities and explain your situation to them(also show them all you correspondence about the item). If he turns around and sells it to someone else after you return it without documenting things with local law enforcement, he could claim that you must have switched the one he sent you for a stolen one (though he'd probably get discovered in the end that's one headache you may just want to avoid).

And you should have also reported him to abuse@yahoo.com cuz he's in violation of their TOS if he threatened you and/or your girlfriend(though I wouldn't hold my breath about Yahoo doing anything)

Kermit_The_Frog said:
I think Kc just wanted to short change the guy thats all!

How can you say that? Not only do you not know me at all, that is an attack on my personal character, which I don't appreciate.

Perhaps you were kidding, but I don't find your comment appropriate.

Ferral_Imp said:
Whatever you do don't send it back to him until after you contact the authorities and explain your situation to them(also show them all you correspondence about the item). If he turns around and sells it to someone else after you return it without documenting things with local law enforcement, he could claim that you must have switched the one he sent you for a stolen one (though he'd probably get discovered in the end that's one headache you may just want to avoid).

And you should have also reported him to abuse@yahoo.com cuz he's in violation of their TOS if he threatened you and/or your girlfriend(though I wouldn't hold my breath about Yahoo doing anything)

Yeah, I did send it to the proper Yahoo account, but I won't wait on them doing anything. I am currently working with the local law enforcement in their area. Pending nothing goes wrong, I am on track to send it back next Tuesday, and have a surprise waiting for him when it arrives delivered by a Police Officer :)

VenomXt said:
and if that doesnt work i have a borhter that lives near him that can just break his legs. ;)

LOL, nice, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back