Dos anyone know a solution to my problem?

sweetlu

Gasoline Rainbow
Hello everybody;

I have an executable file called WGRIB.exe
This is a small potatoes type file that converts atmospheric data from a gridded binary format to ASCII text. I have used it plenty in the past but only on Win98 and NT (build 4 I think).

Last night I tried to use it in the Dos window of XP, but it won't werk. I keep getting a stack fault error. I am assuming that this is an XP issue. Does anyone know if there is an XP update or driver that allows one to execute older DOS programs on XP ??

Has anyone experienced similar problems of this nature? ANY ASSISTANCE would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Muchos Gracias , Merci Beaucup, Tanka, Grazie, Domo Oragato !!!!

try using widows emulator. right click on the the exe and look for the option in properties.

Thanks guys, but i still can't get it to work. Will continue to snoop around for a solution. If you have any other idea, please do let me know,

Cheers!

Thanks to those how offered their suggestions. I solved my problem, apparently the program version I was using MS-DOS compiled with gcc. I got a fixed version that was windoze compiled with gcc and it werked. problem solved !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back