Doom3 Gfx Problem

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all I decided to go ahead and buy doom3 on tuesday but since then I have been frustrated with it.
The problem is this when ever i set the graphics setting to higher than id's recommended all the text in the menus, and PDA for example blurs. Despite this the game runs smooth and perfect but the text is barely readable.
Can anyone please help?
Using and ATI 9800, 3200+ amd, 1gig of ddr 400 ram and the catalysts 4.8s.

(Also I have unpacked all my .pak as the other thread recommends and tried the other tweaks aswell but they did not help)

Consider this thread closed, solved my own problem.
Simpley got to your gfx card control panel and changed the open gl settings from "performance" to quality or high quality.
Hope this may help some others :)

high quality is recommended with application preference for AF and AA...

you will incur a smaller hit on AF in-game than with AF set by the control panel simply because of the way ID makes calls v/s how ati uses AF for the full scene...

I had it on those settings already, playing the game at 1024*768 on hig at the moment fine although AA is switched off

quality if you can...

performance fudges up the text in various areas of the game... most noticeably the game menu

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back