doom3 engine

N

neo

I don't what with the engine of doom3 it's just think modified unreal engine. I mean am waiting for the game for like ages. It's just going to be like duke nukem. Look at the deus ex: invisible war its unreal engine is modified and it's coming out on june 30 this year and doom 3 is quote "when it's done". Your Thoughts.

Originally posted by neo
I don't what with the engine of doom3 it's just think modified unreal engine. I mean am waiting for the game for like ages. It's just going to be like duke nukem. Look at the deus ex: invisible war its unreal engine is modified and it's coming out on june 30 this year and doom 3 is quote "when it's done". Your Thoughts.

Doom3 will use the Doom3 engine, and will be first game to do so, Quake IV will also use the doom3 engine.

Current games that use the Unreal engine are: Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal2, America's Army, SplinterCell.

Condition Zero will use a more enhanced Half-life engine, which is turn uses a highly modified Quake1 engine.

Duke Nukem 4 will use the Unreal engine last I heard, and it is likely that Deus Ex 2 will use the Unreal engine, as its predecessor used an earlier version of the same engine.

Doom3 is out in may by the way. My system is undergoing hardware upgrades to ensure that it will work ;)

Amazingly both the original Unreal and Unreal2 use the same engine, yet the latter uses a newer version. Same engine. New ****.

Re: Re: doom3 engine

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Doom3 will use the Doom3 engine, and will be first game to do so, Quake IV will also use the doom3 engine.

Current games that use the Unreal engine are: Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal2, America's Army, SplinterCell.

Condition Zero will use a more enhanced Half-life engine, which is turn uses a highly modified Quake1 engine.

Duke Nukem 4 will use the Unreal engine last I heard, and it is likely that Deus Ex 2 will use the Unreal engine, as its predecessor used an earlier version of the same engine.

Doom3 is out in may by the way. My system is undergoing hardware upgrades to ensure that it will work ;)

Amazingly both the original Unreal and Unreal2 use the same engine, yet the latter uses a newer version. Same engine. New ****.

america's army uses an older unreal engine.. though essentially all the unreal engines are based on the same core... the new ones have differences that aid in effects et al...

there is no way you can compare the crappy IQ of america's army with unreal II or even ut2003...

AA 1.6 features the latest Unreal Engine.

By IQ if you mean AI, then AA doesn't utilise it as it doesn't have bots. Shame they haven't added lipsyning yet, but the latest patch does add alot of cosmetic features!

The AI in Unreal2 was poor imho, they used incredible sight, even when I was behind cover to pinpoint my location, bit of a pain on some of the missions.

Re: Re: doom3 engine

I know the deus ex 2 is using overhauled unreal engine but if you compare it with the doom3 engine it doesn't look different, if you go technical then it's different. I have the games you mentioned here take a look http://www.geocities.com/niel19_us/GamesThatIHave.html
my dilemma is doom3 got everybody excited with the demo and it's yet to be release and other games are coming out now. Why did id took such a risk by showing the demo so early, not to mention the leaked one:blink: ati :blink: . I got exited and now I have to wait don't know how long :mad: that's the only thing P*ss me off.

What are the minimum requirements for Doom3 ?

I have a Amd XP 1800 , 1GIG DDR, Geforce 4 64 MEG !

What do I need to upgrade, if anything ?

:cool:

When I originally watched (and leaked -- oops ;)) the Doom III movie, it was running on a system for which it had been perfectly optimised... I believe it was actually an ati 8xxx

Only a running demo was shown. The version that leaked infact.

It was NOT supposed to be seen by the public.

When I originally watched (and leaked -- oops ;)) the Doom III movie, it was running on a system for which it had been perfectly optimised... I believe it was actually an ati 8xxx

Only a running demo was shown. The version that leaked infact.

It was NOT supposed to be seen by the public.

afaik.. the doom III alpha @ the e3 thinger was running on a fresh r300 core... ie one that was still being tweaked and was far from final... much like the game itself...

Thats the 8xxx ? bit down on my ati knowledge (but perhaps not for long!!!)

Of course Doom3 was originally shown at the launch of the GF3, ell some animations and corridor roaming was.. ;) - its come a little further since then :)

btw, sazar what res do you run cs at?
just gotta a new monitor and am upping the stakes ;)

Hey man I take back whatever sh*t I said about doom3 I just play the game and it's nothing I everseen on pc game before dame thing look fine the the movie FF:SW. I guess I was Pi**ed
off b'cause the game wasn't working before. It gives 30+fps on my computer.

You take back that it is an unreal engine game ? :D

lol...

doom III shoudl run well on most systems... though not @ max res... it is a dx8 game... and has extensive use of bump mapping and shaders which will kill frame rates.. thank god they have decided to make the game so that you are NOT running and gunning... :)

btw EP... I play CS @ 1600x1200... AA and FSAA applicable if I have them on @ the time... but @ this res.. does'nt matter much...

Mistake in last one it goes 60+ fps in my system now sometime if I dont kill the Laurel and Hardy guys it goes back to 30- fps. But all the level run fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back